Thunder Bay is seeing more Crystal Meth/Methamphetamine use than ever before. It is being used on its own and with other drugs.
- Increased perception of pleasure during sexual encounters
- People feel less affected by rejection while high
- Increased feelings of connectedness ability to “connect” with another person or feel empathetic towards them
- Thunder Bay District Health Unit/Superior Points Harm Reduction Program
- Elevate NWO
- Shelter House
- NorWest CHC
- Take smaller amounts at a time.
- Eat, sleep and drink water before you get high
- Limit the amount of days you use for
- Never share pipes or injection equipment
The come down is hard. People feel isolated,
People often have more sex partners and sex for longer periods of time
People use less safer sex practices as meth affects your ability to make safer decisions.
- Meth can seem very manageable for a long time, but things people often lose control quickly.
- Meth can cause long term damage or permanently damage the brain